If you read my previous post about Ways to Make Money Online in 2019 – then you want to know more about Starting a Blog in 2019.
Legit Ways to Make Money Online in 2019 – Passive Income in 2019 – #2 Start a Blog
Thanks for checking out our blog and for info on how to make money online in 2019. In my previous article, we discussed all the various ways or the most popular ways to make money online in 2019. In this post, we are going to dive deep into
Starting a Blog
What exactly is Blogging? Sounds like a foreign dance, but it’s a meaningful way to make money online in 2019. It’s the Youtube of Introverts.
A blog is defined as
“a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.”
When blogging first started a few years back, I thought of it as an online diary that you could share with others. It’s so much more than now, and you can make a full-time income blogging.
Now let’s look at one of the ways to start making Passive Income Blogging and what you would write about in your blog.
First, pick a Niche, you can’t build an audience if you are all over the place, talking about cats one day and internet marketing another. If one is super dedicated and want to write about cats and also internet marketing, make two blogs.
For now, pick one niche and start working on relevant content.
The best way to write content for your blog is to pick a subject that you are very passionate about and are familiar with. As an example: I’m very very experienced with career goals, interviewing, job boards, making money online, and anything else in and related to employment and education. So, I am writing about this topic as a form of information to help others make money, find their dream job, or learn something new, in the way of a blog.
How to Make Money Blogging, you ask?
There are a few ways to make money blogging. You can monetize your blog with allowing others to place ads on your site or you can place affiliate links inside your posts as we discussed in my earlier post on Passive Income in 2019 – Affiliate Marketing, where I explain the process of making a commission sharing information on other people’s products.
Monetize your Blog
Place Ads or Affiliate Links on your site.
- Place Ads on your site, and the ad placers pay you a fee for the use of your website. These come in several options for you to add to your website/blog.
- The ad types are a banner, a text link, or a clickable button that takes them to their website; known as private ads.
- Another Ad type option is to CPC, PPC or CPM Ads. (Cost Per Click, Pay Per Click, or Cost per 1,000 Impressions). (Don’t ask me how that last one got its abbreviation, go with it, ha!)
- The first two options are when a reader clicks on the ad link you are paid per click.
- The CPM is more of a control ad, and you get paid for how many people view your ad. Don’t worry, you learn the lingo, it’s pretty easy.
- Then there is the golden goose we call Google Adsense, what Adsense does is google chooses ads they feel are relevant to your audience, and they place the ad on your site in the form of a banner or button. It’s easy money since Google does most of the work, which makes it easy. In addition to Google AdSense, there a few other places you can get a similar setup; Infolinkes and Media.net. You can’t use them all at once, you’ll need to pick one of these options and go with it, but you can switch if you find one isn’t a good fit.
Digital Product Offers – Free or at a Minimal Cost
- If you are good at something such as spreadsheets, have a proven method to accomplish a goal, create a digital product that you can sell. The best part of digital products is that you do the work once and you receive income every single time someone purchases your digital download. We will get more detailed about digital downloads in another post. Digital products are a great way to earn passive income on Etsy and Amazon Kindle.
My Aha Moment
This one may seem obvious to some, but to me, it was an “Aha Moment.”
Drive traffic to your current business blogging. So I started this blog to help bring jobseekers to my website, offering “Brand Awareness” to my business. It turns out; I like blogging. Blogging is helping my website traffic, so it’s a win for everyone. I’m a genius, and you are learning so much from my blog! Of course, I’m kidding; this stuff doesn’t take a genius to do. A little internet research and a few hours spent at “The University of Youtube,” that’s all you need.
You could make a blog about various products and review them then link to the products affiliate link. Depending on your Niche, you could create an Online Video Course Series.
Teach others about your personal experience as a graphic artist, Software Specialist, or as an HR Professional. If you consider yourself an expert on any topic, you could create a course. You would then charge a fee for the course and make money from the course. You can learn more about making a digital course in my Passive Income – Making an Automated Webinar Course. Give this a go and let me know how you make out.